Our reputation for outstanding industry experience, great communication and fast response times has positioned us as the preferred partner on many marine vessel projects. Not only do we support the New Zealand market, but our expertise has seen us involved in projects in offshore locations, including the Middle East and the Pacific. We are also a recognised member of the NZ Marine Industry Association.
McRaes Global offer full hydraulic design, installation and repair service from the supply of spare parts to complete hydraulic rebuilds:
- We have decades of experience with fishing vessel hydraulic systems and continue to provide ongoing support to the Sanford’s fleet.
- In addition we are maintenance partners to the fishing fleets operating out of American Samoa and Fiji.
- In 2012, we were part of an extensive rebuild project on the Carol Linda, the 1500 Tonne Purse Seiner, after a catastrophic mast failure brought down all the rigging, 3 booms and the associated winches.
- Other “black” boat projects include undertaking key refit projects for the Tangaroa Niwa research vessel, the MV Arahura Interislander Ferry and the Ulysses.
- Amongst the “white” boat industry, we happily get involved in specialist refit work on some of the world’s most prestigious luxury yachts. Not only do we provide local expertise but we have been heavily involved in the 462.5ft mega yacht Yas (ex Swift 141) project in Abu Dhabi. Other projects include the MV SuRi Luxury Yacht and the SY Koo.
This is how we could help you:
For all marine applications we offer the full spectrum of services from complete new installations on new vessels to the rectification, optimisation and refurbishment of existing systems on operational vessels. This includes; system troubleshooting, design, installation, repair and maintenance. We have extensive knowledge & capability in all vessel equipment, including:
- Steering and Stabilisation systems
- Mooring systems (including positioning and position control systems)
- Davits, Winches and Cranes
- Loading and Access systems (e.g. gangways, accommodation ladders, hatches, (loading ramps)
- Canting Keels
- Bow Thrusters
- Ballast and Cargo systems
- CPP (Controllable Pitch Propeller) systems
- Helicopter Landing systems
- Fish-well refrigeration coil manufacture and installation
McRaes Global has a range of self-produced and manufactured specialty products such as:
5 and 10 Nautical Mile Snapper Reel
Manufactured in steel and hot dipped galvanised for protection from the marine environment, the McRaes Global Snapper Long Line Reels are proved to be solid and reliable with some innovative design features.
The drum is easily removed from the main shaft as there is no outer bearing, which allows for additional drums to be fitted with minimum effort in a short time frame. A standard length drum is used with drum options providing a larger outer diameter to suit the customers’ requirements for different line capacity or mono diameters.
A simple adjustable friction clutch allows the drum to free wheel on internal bronze bushes, providing a smooth set. The hydraulic motor is a low speed high torque unit coupled to the drum shaft.
Manufactured from marine grade aluminium and stainless steel, our compact design features adjustable speed and tension controls to control line depth, relative to vessel speed allowing the operator to place the bait where it will be most effective.
Corrosion resistant hydraulic motor shafts and stainless steel ball bearings in the idler and tension wheels compliment a power coated aluminium backing plate and anodised valve manifold.
The McRaes Global custom designed hydraulics can provide systems from the “standard” freewheel setting method, to full control over the reel via the setter controls when setting.
Tuna Long Line Reels
The McRaes Global’s 23, 30 & 50 mile Tuna Long Line Reels have been designed & manufactured to give ease of use, safety and low maintenance. Manufactured in Steel the heavy duty construction is complimented with a Zinc primed and Epoxy paint finish to give long life in tough Tuna Fishing conditions.
A Radial Piston or optional Geroller (23 & 30 Mile Reels only) hydraulic motor is mounted on a cushioned drive through a torque arm to assist with smooth stop/starts. Machined from marine grade Aluminium & Stainless Steel the level wind is a Fairlead design that layers the Monofilament backbone smoothly onto the reel.
A S/S Tube is mounted in front of the Level Wind Scroll and Hinged Fibreglass guards provide for protection over the level wind pulleys and motor coupling.
Both the 30 & 50 Mile Reels feature new higher strength cores to cope with the high haul pressures generated with the Pacific Islands style fishing.