McRaes Global where the preferred supplier selected to assist global fishing company Tri Marine after a catastrophic mast failure brought down all the Rigging, 3 Booms and associated winches on their Purse Seiner the Carol Linder.
In close collaboration with the customer the decision was made to upgrade the complete hydraulic system, opting for a combination of Vane and Piston pumps in order to have all Davits, Deck Cranes plus Boom and Deck winches operating off a Ring Main system to minimise pipe work requirements and provide maximum tuning ability of speeds etc. of all winches.
The final project incorporated the following upgrade:
- Complete redesign & replacement of all hydraulic Pipe work on vessel from Mid Ships Aft.
- Supply and Installation of 20 new Pullmaster Deck Winches
- Design, Manufacture & Installation of custom Steel Manifolds for Counterbalance functions
- Design, Manufacture & Installation of 9, 4 Station custom Aluminium Load Sensed Manifolds for all Cetop 5 & Cetop 8 Valving
- Supply & Installation of 7, Load Sense Variable Displacement Piston Pumps including the design and fabrication of new Suction Manifold assembly for 600 Kw Hydraulic Power Unit
- Supply of new Internorman Filtration System for flow rates in excess of 2000 Litres per minute
- Supply & Installation of all new hydraulic hoses
- Supply & Installation of LS Manual Directional Valves for operation of upper deck cranes and boat davits
- Fabrication & Installation of new Main Winch and Deck Winch Consoles including Pilot Valves and tube work
- Replacement of all Stainless Steel Pilot Lines
- Start up and Commissioning of System
- Final Commissioning on Sea Trials in American Samoa (Late March 2013).