McRaes Global one of a kind hydraulic shop specialises in the engineering and refurbishing of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders using the latest seal technology. Our staff are specialists and will always find a way to not only solve a problem, but also provide a long lasting solution. Get in touch with us for any Hydraulic Cylinder and Honing Capabilities or services.
We have the capacity to complete large overhaul, repair or upgrade cylinder work around the clock as required for breakdowns, shuts or planned maintenance outages.
Cylinder Reconditioning & Rebuild
The hydraulic workshop at McRaes Global and IMG specializes in all forms of rebuilding and/or modifying hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, both fixed and mobile plant. McRaes Global and IMG technicians use proven methods, many of which we have pioneered ourselves and proven results over our many years of business.
We have a well-equipped cylinder workshop and the versatility of McRaes Global and IMG integrated business offerings means we have our specialised services at hand to provide access to product, consultancy and design services, hydraulic and electronic controls expertise support.
McRaes Global and IMG cylinder shop integrates with our welding, fabrication and machining and hydraulic engineering facilities to provide total solutions to complex requirements with ease.
- Large capacity breakdown/assembly bench and testing facility
- Cylinder Rod servicing and reconditioning, including rechroming, grinding and in-situ patch repairs
- Large capacity torque multipliers
- Calibrated measuring equipment
- Full machine shop facilities including CNC horizontal borers, teach lathe and manual machines
- Complete range of specialised welding services
- Painting facility
- Slow acting cylinder repair
- Nutbuster, allowing us to service and retorque cylinder to OEM specification
- Quality guaranteed workmanship
- The use of quality, traceable material and world renowned hydraulic seals with custom seal manufacturer
- Custom design, application, project management, build and installation services available
- Expertise in sealing technology covering many different applications and industries
Horizontal Tube Honing
The Sunnen HTC computer controlled honing machine enables continuous stock removal, keeping the operation running at peak efficiency.
The graphical display indicates high and low areas in the bore, enabling our operators to make adjustments during the sizing operations to correct any differences, or switch to automatic bore correction in which the computer will take full control.
- The Sunnen HTC 5002 is capable of honing from 50mm to 1200mm diameter, and 5 meters in length, in one pass. (10 metres in length, if we end for end the work piece)
- Optimum surface finishes are achieved every time
- In-house digital surface finish measure with print out
- Provides sizing and honing solutions for many different materials