DESIGN AND BUILD
The McRaes Global design and build capability has the ability to engineer solutions to any problem, within any industry. With state of the art design software and qualified knowledge, McRaes Global believes it is important to combine the theoretical design skill with the practical engineering workshops to ensure that the design solution is fit for purpose.
McRaes Global have strong project management expertise and over the last 12 months, our design and build capability has seen us involved in projects including an automated house lifter for the Christchurch market, an underwater chain tensioning system for the Subsea industry and a Robotic Car stacker for a Multi levelled car park in Auckland City.
Integrated with our experienced hydraulic and controls capabilities, McRaes Global’s think tank approach sees the Technical Solutions team take on motion and control projects that cover a wide scope of engineering disciplines.
- Solid part and assembly models also sheet metal part models and flat pattern developments.
- Full library of standard structural sections and standard engineering parts.
- Full library of standard engineering calculations.
- Weldments and machining to model as it would be built in the workshop.
- Design accelerator E.G gears, springs, cams, drum brake, power screws etc.
- Cable and harness for electrical layouts.
- Tube and pipe for pipe runs.
- Inventor studio and showcase for presentations and rendered models.
- Dynamic simulation for motion loads which can be exported to FEA for static stress analysis on a single part.
- FEA static stress analysis on assembly models with multiple surface contacts and parts in simulation.
- FEA static stress analysis on wire frame beam models.
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical
- Statics stress analysis single part or full assembly
- Natural frequency (modal) vibration analysis with and without load stiffening
- Response spectrum
- Random vibration
- Frequency response
- Transient stress (direct integration)
- Transient stress (modal superposition)
- Critical buckling load
- Dynamic design analysis method (DDAM)
- Nonlinear (plastic deformation)
- Mechanical event simulation (MES) Linear and nonlinear
- Nonlinear static stress
- Natural frequency (modal) with nonlinear parts
- Risk buckling analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Steady state heat transfer
- Transient heat transfer
- Electrostatic analysis
- Current and voltage
- Field strength and voltage
2D software for Hydraulic schematics
Codesys as well as standard PLC programming languages across multiple hardware platforms