Our Philosophy is based on the Asset Life Cycle
McRaes Global Engineering is the leader in Hydraulic, Motion and Control technology in New Zealand. Our philosophy is focused on the Asset Life Cycle. Not only does McRaes Global have an extensive design and build capability, we also provide programs which can help our customers keep their hydraulic assets running longer. This approach supplants the maintenance philosophy of “failure reactive” with “failure proactive” by finding underlying conditions that lead to machine faults and degradation.
The McRaes Global design and build capability has the ability to engineer solutions to any problem, within any industry. With state of the art design software and qualified knowledge, McRaes Global believes it is important to combine the theoretical design skill with the practical engineering workshops to ensure that the design solution is fit for purpose. Please click here to learn more about our general engineering capabilities
Integrated with our experienced hydraulic and controls capabilities, McRaes Global’s think tank approach sees the Technical Solutions team take on motion and control projects that cover a wide scope of engineering disciplines
- Inventor Simulation software
- 2D software for Hydraulic schematics
- Codesys as well as standard PLC programming languages across multiple hardware platforms
Reliability Engineering: The McRaes Global RED Plan
McRaes Global is the market leader for ultimate Hydraulic Machine Care where the RED Plan introduces a Proactive Reliability Maintenance (PRM) approach using the following programs:
- Predictive Maintenance (PM) Services, achieved by using leading data collection equipment and our Advanced Fluid Conditioning Department (FCD) incorporating our own laboratory services.
- Dedication to complete Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and subsequently recommending redesign engineering solutions through our Reliability Engineering Division (RED)
We can detect machine problems early to avoid stoppages.
Using the RED Plan, we are able to detect machine problems before potential failure allowing time for our customers to organize spares, plan maintenance and reduce unplanned stoppages. By reviewing the data we can easily recognize a shift in consistency, allowing plenty of time to schedule in a maintenance service and eradicate the fault. It also creates the benefit of documenting problems on similar equipment for across the board reference.
Here’s how we can proactively manage your assets:
- At McRaes Global we place high attention on the quality of the oil in your hydraulic equipment and have our own in-house oil sampling laboratory. This analysis helps us alert you to issues before they have detrimental effects on your assets.
- Using the latest Fluid Conditioning equipment and vacuum dehydration purifiers we can recover system fluids to optimum standards.
- Specialised equipment combined with our expertise enables us to tune, modify or change your assets to run and maintain the optimum fluid condition.
Our RED plan assists our customers in managing their stock for their critical assets.
This can be a combination of managing spares at our premises or just ensuring that the inventory held at your site is a ready-made solution for replacing hydraulic asset failure. Throughout our supply chain, we can also assist in standardising products across multi sites to ensure inventory holding are optimised.
This is our RED Plan in brief:
- Plant Reliability Systems
- Plant Inspections
- Monitoring of Hydraulic Equipment
- Testing and Verification of Plant Condition
- Design of Shut Work Packages
- Shut Planning and Programmed Work Implementation
- Project Management
- Lubrication System Design, Manufacture and Installation
- Filtration System Design, Manufacture and Installation
Are you interested to get more reliability out of your Hydraulic Assets? Contact us today on 0800 to see how the RED plan can work for you company.
Design and Build
The McRaes Global design and build capability has the ability to engineer solutions to any problem, within any industry. With state of the art design software and qualified knowledge, McRaes Global believes it is important to combine the theoretical design skill with the practical engineering workshops to ensure that the design solution is fit for purpose.
McRaes Global have strong project management expertise and over the last 12 months, our design and build capability has seen us involved in projects including:
- an automated house lifter for the Christchurch market
- an underwater chain tensioning system for the Subsea industry
- a Robotic Car stacker for a Multi levelled car park in Auckland City.